Google Poem Search

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Poems-1 : The Excuse (From Suri's Autobio)

You can do anything,
provided you find an excuse,
even murder and rape.
For me,
the excuse was
provided by
Robin Sharma of
The-Monk-Who-Sold-His-Ferrari fame.
He says,
"Any life is worth living,
And given this,
Every life is worth recording."
One part of my mind
admonished me
in the vein of the Gita:
"Yield not to temptations."
But what to do?
Ordinary mortals
always yield to temptations,
which must have been obvious
even to Lord Krishna.
So, you have this thing,
which passes for
an autobiography.
But why this
particular form,
you may ask?
There is a poem in Tamil.
A turkey,
on seeing a peacock dancing,
also started dancing.
I happen to see
Vikram Seth's
"Golden Gate."
And there you are! (- To be continued)

1 comment:

Sublime said...

vey gud....but poems on diff themes can make a great difference.......