Google Poem Search

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Priya's Poems-4: "I am a Poet"

I am a poet.
My emotions invite me (to write
sometimes it delights
at times
instructs.
sometimes the skylark and nightingale
inside me
sing songs of ecstasy of love.
At times
the owls and wolves
cry the tale of betrayal.

Every time I take
emotions of water
from the
deep mortal lake of my heart.
I pour glory
and agony
in the bucket of my poem.

It has quenched
the thirst of my
friends and critics.


I am a passionate painter.
I paint words.
I paint in grey
bringing tears
to reader’s eyes.
I paint in green
bringing smile
to the lips of the readers.
i paint in abstract
of mystery and myth
in bold
and make my readers
wonder,think,bewildered.
At times
I paint in figures
In blunt.
I use many colours.

I am a secret gardener.
I sow seeds
in the fertile land of my heart.
I water them
by my continuous thoughts.
Colourful flowers blossom
bringing joy to beholders eyes.

I write.
My lake never goes dry.
I write when am loved.
I write when am hated.
I write when am adored.
I write when am dumped.
I will write
Until my last sigh.
As I am a poet.

No comments: