Google Poem Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Priya's Poems-2: "The Inward Journey"

My dreams
dragged me
to a deep dark forest.
I walked
Walked a long way
in calm serene darkness.
My mind
haunted me
to go back.
My heart preached my mind
and the conflict went on.
I was awestruck.
I had two options.
Either
Drop the
hands off my dream
and go back
or
believe and follow
him blindly.
I opted
for the second one.
I walked.
Walked a long way
with my
new companions
agony and affliction
hunger and humiliation
thirst and tiredness.
My mature companion
Strong ambition
Controlled all of us.
We followed him.
“there was no light
but darkness visible”
everywhere.
We walked.
Walked a long way.
We believed him.
We followed him.
I saw a hope of light
from a long distance.
Yes…..it was hope….
It sat before me
With his legs crossed……..
Welcomed me
With a sweet smile……..

No comments: