Google Poem Search

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Mahasakthi" by Mahakavi Subramania Bharathi

In the Light of the Moon I saw her!
And surrendered to Her in refuge.
All the senses I have conquered
And killed all desire of self.

To work without caring for fruit
And to do Bhakti, she taught me;
Freed of worry she did make me,
And all my suffering she did nip.

She did make the light of the stars.
And too the winds that blow;
She did make the Space on high,
And filled our hearts with Joy - Praise Be!

(Translated from Tamil to English by Professor S.G.Seshadri, former Principal, Rajah Serfoji Government College, Thanjavur)

Wikipedia article on "Subramaniya Bharathi":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subramanya_Bharathi

Grateful thanks to Professor S.G.Seshadri and Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

No comments: